Thursday, February 14, 2019

Calypso

by David Sedaris
259 pgs

Calypso is the latest collection of essays by humorist David Sedaris. I would have thought that after nine books, in which he gives merciless insight into his own and his family members' lives, he'd be out of things to say by now. Thankfully, he isn't.

Sedaris has a wry, caustic sense of humor and it's firing on all cylinders as he describes his family life as well as his interactions with the general population. I can't help but feel a little bit of a kinship with him, which is why I think I enjoy his stories as much as I do. He's a gifted story teller who holds nothing back, and is willing to share things most of us would keep deeply hidden, if there's a chance others will find some humor in it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment