Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Review of 2019

2019 was literarily a good year.

The ten best books I read (in no particular order):

1. Recursion by Blake Crouch
2. Wanderers by Chuck Wendig
3. Cardinal Black by Robert McCammon
4. Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
5. They Thirst by Robert McCammon
6. Stone of Farewell by Tad Williams
7. The Hunger by Alma Katsu
8. Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
9. Tigerman by Nick Harkaway
10. Someone Like Me by M.R. Carey

The worst book I read all year was Adjustment Day by Chuck Palahniuk. If I were to provide Palahniuk with an award every time he's earned this distinction from me (4 times now), he'd be running out of shelf space to display them by now. He will not be in contention for any more of my shelf space and reading time going forward.

Number of books read: 52

Book signings attended:
Brandon Sanderson - Starsight (Although, technically, I didn't really attend the signing, since I didn't stick around for all the chaos. I just grabbed my book and bailed. But since I showed up and had to wait in multiple lines to get my book, I'm counting it.)

2020 books I'm looking forward to:
The Holdout by Graham Moore
The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson
Providence by Max Barry
The Last Emperox by John Scalzi
If it Bleeds by Stephen King
Shakespeare and Squirrels by Christopher Moore
Utopia Ave. by David Mitchell
Malorie by Josh Malerman
Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment