Thursday, September 20, 2012

Legion

by Brandon Sanderson
87 pgs  (Legion series #1)

Stephen Leeds is a very sought after man. Many seek him out because they want to study him, others seek him out because they need him to provide the type of help no one else can provide.

Stephen's brain plays constant host to an ever-increasing number of hallucinations. To him, these hallucinations are quite real, and he knows that no else can see or hear them. They are a collection of hundreds of separate and distinct characters, each one being an expert in a particular field or on a specific topic. Anytime Stephen needs to "consult" with an expert, his brain manifests a new hallucination who is immediately able to provide him with everything he needs to know on the subject.

The idea behind the story Sanderson tells is brilliant and the story itself is great. My only complaint is that it's far too short. It's a novella and only takes an hour or so to read, so I don't feel the need to summarize the plot. I know I've mentioned before how much I enjoy Sanderson's books and I understand that most of them require a time committment to read. This one does not. Pay a couple of dollars to download it and get a sample of Sanderson's creativity and the broad depth of the worlds he creates. I'm confident you'll enjoy it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment