Thursday, June 16, 2011

One of Our Thursdays is Missing

One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde

Jasper Fforde has returned to his fantastic series featuring Thursday Next, the Jurisfiction agent tasked with keeping order and continuity in the BookWorld. At the beginning of this one, war is brewing between genres. A border dispute has erupted between Racy Novel and Women's Fiction and since Thursday has evidently retired to Realworld, the Council of Genres turns to the written version of Thursday to settle the dispute and bring peace back to the world of fiction.

Fforde is a British author who I have been recommending to people for years. To date, no one that I've spoken to about his books has read one of them though. I've been a complete failure. I think the problem occurs when I try to describe one of his books, especially the Next books. I know I must sound like an idiot whose head doesn't contain a coherent thought. But it's not me, I swear. His books just don't lend well to summary. Instead they're the type of books that you just buckle up and enjoy the ride.

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment